From KickApps Documentation
Your KIT Cloud Social-powered pages contain a variety of ad units. Different page types contain different ad slots. To see where the various ad units are located on each of the page types, check out the diagrams below.
If you're using KIT Cloud Social at no cost under our Legacy Ad-Supported Model (no longer offered), KIT Cloud Social is running an ad in the top leaderboard slot on all of your pages, and you have access to the Right Skyscraper unit on all pages. If you're interested in controlling all of the ad slots in order to run your own ads (or to remove all ads), login to the Affiliate Center and navigate to Configure > Services.
New to Advertising?
For many first-time site publishers, getting advertising set up on their KIT Cloud Social-powered site might seem like a mystery. Here are some basics to set the groundwork:
- KIT Cloud Social isn't an ad network, it's a social publishing system. That means, it offers you unlimited pages, many system-generated for social applications, and as many of your own created pages as you like. On these pages, you can enable ads of any type (display/banner ads, search ads, video ads, etc).
- To get started with display or search ads, for example, you'll want an account on one of the major ad networks, to administer your ads, and get ad code. Ad code is a blurb of code that generates ads that rotate through an ad slot. Once you insert 3rd-party ad codes into a KIT Cloud Social-powered ad slot, assuming the right size ads are fit into the right-sized slots, your 3rd-party advertisements should start to show naturally on your KIT Cloud Social-powered pages.
- Recommended 3rd-party Ad Networks include:
- Google Display / DFP (Banner ads) - http://www.google.com/dfp/info/sb/
- Google AdSense / AFC (Text ads) - https://www.google.com/adsense/static/en_US/AfcOverview.html
- AdMeld (Yield-Optimized Multi-Network Display Ads for Premium Publishers) - http://www.admeld.com/
Once you have an account with an Ad Network, when you generate code for a specific Ad Slot on KIT Cloud Social, just include the code there and ads should begin serving into the slot in question.
Tip: You can use your ad slots for anything you want. You can put your own static promotions in there, or KIT Cloud Social widgets, or any html. The ad slots were designed for advertising, and are sized according to IAB Standards accordingly - but you can do with them as you please!
Insert an ad
- Log into the Affiliate Center.
- Browse to Configure > Advertising.
- Select the page that you'd like your ad to be displayed on from the menu at left.
- Click "edit".
- Click the "Enable" link next to the advertising unit that you'd like to use.
- Paste your ad code into the "Ad Code" text field.
- Click Save.
Ad unit diagrams
Community Homepage (top)
My Home Page (top)
Member Profile Page (top)
Message Board Pages (top)
List Page (top)
Groups Page (top)