From KickApps Documentation
The KIT Cloud Social Social CMS provides advanced social application & social metadata support, but also provides full support for standard Content Management. In what follows below we'll provide a summary of how to manage various types of content.
Once your site is running and you've added content (pages and media), and your site members add content (media, comments, message board posts), you'll find that you need to manage your content and your members' contributions with some regularity.
Most of the Content Management tasks within the KIT Cloud Social Platform take place within the Control Panel / Affiliate Center, in the "Manage" section.
Finding and Managing Media
To manage Media, click on "Manage", then "Media." The interface you see is actually a search interface, and it allows you to select a Media Type, and then a Status Type.
Media Types include all of the Media Types currently supported by KIT Cloud Social:
- Blog Posts
- External URLs (on which widgets are embedded)
- Sets (of Media Items)
- Custom Pages
Status Types include:
Please note that the interface defaults to "Pending" media - so the first time you visit this page, even if you have a bunch of approved content, you will need to change the radio button from "Pending" to "Approved" to see the content you have approved.
By choosing the Media Type and Status Type you want, the Manage Media search interface will return all matching results. Then, you can manage any one or more of those items, generally by:
- Approving the item (if it is in Pending or Rejected States)
- Rejecting the item (if it is in Approved or Pending States)
- Editing the item's content or detail metadata (by clicking on the item's title, or "Details").
Managing Custom Pages
Custom Pages are treated somewhat differently. They will still show up in the Manage Media interface, but has different options, including:
- Edit (the Custom Pages editor will launch)
- Details (allows you to edit the Custom Page detail metadata)
- Unpublish (prevents all end users and search crawlers from finding the page)
- Delete (removes the page permanently).
In the "Manage" tab, click on the "Comments" subtab. You'll see you can search comments by:
- Keywords (to search for comments containing particular words)
- Admin Tags (to search for comments with any admin tags you or your administrators have applied)
As with the Manage Media interface, you will need to choose whether you want to search against Approved, Pending, or Deleted comments.
Unlike the Manage Media Interface, with the Comments interface you can choose multiple Media Types. The interface defaults to all Media Types selected. This is useful for conducting site-wide comment searches.