From KickApps Documentation
Retrieve Category call returns all the media/user categories for a community. You can make an HTTP POST or GET request when using this call.
Your request will look something like the following:
As shown above, your call will include the following parameters:
- as. The site Id to search. as is unique for each of the affiliate's sites.
- t. String. Required. Your access permissions.
- clientIP. String. Optional. Use the clientIP parameter to pass the IP address of the user making the call. If the IP has been blocked by the webmaster under the Affiliate Center -> Manage Members section, an error message will be returned starting with "status":"-1","error":"This IP address has been banned".
On success, a payload that begins with "status":"1","error":"", containing the following community category/sub-category data
- id. The numeric Id for the category.
- name. The category name.
- description. The category description.
- parentId. This is the id of the parent category. This will be blank if the category is a level 0 (top level) category.
- level. This is the level assigned to the category. 0 is for top level category, 1 is for Sub-Category, 2 is for Sub-Sub-Category, and 3 is for Sub-Sub-sub-category.
List of Kit Cloud Social API Calls
Note: Occasionally (and without advanced warning) we modify our API calls by adding new parameters in the response payload. Please keep this in mind when designing your strategy for parsing our responses.